During lockdowns KPS offers a structured and consistent program focussing on engagement and learning.
- Every student has a Microsoft Teams Account
- All students have a daily online lesson for Reading, Writing and Mathematics
- Weekly online lessons for French, Performing Arts, Visual Arts and Physical Education
- Fortnightly whole school online assemblies
- Continual contact with class teachers to ensure students are engaged and learning continues
- Feedback is given to students on work submissions and during small group sessions
- Onsite learning for children where both parent(s) and/or carers are considered authorised workers who cannot work from home and children experiencing vulnerability.
Term 3 Remote Learning - Science Week
The theme for Science Week in August was Food: Different by Design. All year levels focused on science experiments during this lockdown week.
Term 3 Remote Learning - Book Week
Using whatever we had at home, we dressed up and celebrated Book Week 2021. The theme of Old Worlds, New Worlds, Other Worlds was used in classes and by the Specialist teachers for fun and connected lessons. Book Week is about celebrating the wonderful literature we have available and the joy of reading.